Indice del forum

Tutorials

Tutti i tipi Di tutorials Sull'informatica

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

is Johnny? Is he a football guy?" Groves said
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Forum di prova
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
jinshuiqian0713

Apprendista
Apprendista

Iscritti

italy
MessaggioInviato: 09 Ott 2019 05:54:41    Oggetto:  is Johnny? Is he a football guy?" Groves said
Descrizione:

NEW YORK, N.Y. - After a three-day break, the New York Rangers kept on winning, while the New Jersey Devils remained on the skids even with a brand new coaching staff behind the bench.Derek Stepan led the way for the surging Rangers, who were powered to their eighth straight win by the young forwards third NHL hat trick. This is the Rangers longest winning streak in 40 years.Stepan scored a short-handed goal, one on a power play and another into an empty net to give New York a 3-1 win on Saturday night in goalie Henrik Lundqvists 600th game.I dont think we got it all the way back, Stepan said, but we found a way to win a hockey game. We were certainly close, so we just have to continue to work, continue to find that jump that got us the seven wins before the break.Lundqvist made 19 saves and faced his toughest tests in the third period when the Devils pressed for the tying goal. He held his ground, weathered a few crease pileups, and even stayed cool when he lost his stick at the side of the net.You try not to panic, Lundqvist said.Stepan netted an unassisted short-handed goal in the first period, and a power-play tally in the second for the Rangers (19-10-4), who have won 12 of 14 and earned at least one point in 22 of 29 (18-7-4).Stepans empty-netter with 54.6 seconds left clinched the victory. Following Rick Nashs effort Tuesday against Washington, the Rangers have back-to-back hat tricks for the first time since Jan. 31 and Feb. 2, 1994.I had some fortunate bounces, Stepan said. Hank made some big saves, and the defence really showed.Lundqvist, second to Mike Richter (666) in goalie games played with the Rangers, has a franchise record 325 wins. He tied his personal-best winning streak of seven games and became the ninth goalie to play 600 games with one team.He has won 32 of his 52 career games against the Devils, his most victories against any team, and allowed two goals or fewer in 38 of those appearances.The Rangers last won eight straight from Dec. 27, 1974-Jan. 11, 1975.We cant have a letdown, Lundqvist said. We have to continue here and push ourselves. When youre hot and youre on a roll, you want to try to cash in as much as possible.Steve Bernier scored a second-period goal, and Cory Schneider stopped 26 shots for New Jersey, Berniers first goal in 11 games had general manager Lou Lamoriello clapping on the bench.The Devils fared no better with their new coaching trio of Lamoriello, Scott Stevens (defence) and Adam Oates (forwards) that replaced Pete DeBoer, who was fired on Friday.It was interesting — watching, listening, and seeing what was transpiring, Lamoriello said. I thought it was extremely positive. The bench was extremely alive. We were not overly frustrated.There were some changes made within a 24-hour period, so we knew there would be a few breakdowns. Overall we have to build off what we saw,There will be no official head coach for the rest of the season. Lamoriello will stay on the bench to help with the transition. The Devils (12-18-7) began the night nine points out of the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.It was an NHL-record 14th coaching change made by Lamoriello. The Devils were 3-8-5 in their final 16 games under DeBoer.New Jersey, which went 0 for 4 with the man advantage, played solid defence early and then fell behind while on its second power play.Stepan knocked the puck away from Travis Zajac near the blue line and nudged it ahead as Zajac fell. Stepan chased down the puck deep in the Devils end, shifted to his backhand, and pushed the puck back between Schneiders pads with 1:46 left in the first period.You knew they were going to come out with energy and try to forecheck, which they did, Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said. I thought we managed the first five minutes fairly well.Stepan made it 2-0 at 7:38 of the second when he deflected in Martin St. Louis drive during a power play.Special teams won us the game, Lundqvist said.New Jersey got back within one of a pretty play by defenceman Eric Gelinas, who faked a slap shot from above the left circle and deftly sent a pass down to Bernier at the bottom of the right circle for a shot that eluded Lundqvists outstretched glove.Gelinas nearly tied it with just over a minute left in the second, but his drive struck the left post.NOTES: Stepan has a five-game point streak (4 goals, 4 assists). ... Devils C Scott Gomez — formerly of New York — played in his 1,000th NHL game. ... The Rangers are 2-0 against New Jersey. ... Devils C Patrik Elias and RW Michael Ryder have the mumps. Elias was placed on the injured list, retroactive to Dec. 20 along with LW Martin Havlat, sidelined by a non-mumps illness. ... Rangers RW Lee Stempniak returned after a three-game absence, first caused by the mumps. D John Moore was back after being scratched for four games. C J.T. Miller and D Matt Hunwick sat out.
.ca look back at each of the Top 10 stories of 2013. Today, we look back at LeBron James and the Miami Heat winning their second straight NBA championship.
. The outdoor event will be played on Dec. 31 between alumni of the New York Rangers and Philadelphia Flyers at Citizens Bank Park, the home of the Philadelphia Phillies.
The Raptors have to get through the pesky New York Knicks Wednesday at Madison Square Garden and can lock up the third spot in the Eastern Conference with a win or a Chicago loss in Charlotte.
. Both sides of the deal have formally announced acquisitions: TFC introduced Jozy Altidore as a designated player on Friday, while their counterparts announced a three-and-a-half-year deal with Jermain Defoe.
. Louis Blues brought in the premier unrestricted free agent centre, and did it without breaking the bank.BEREA, Ohio -- As he discussed the possibility of quarterback Johnny Manziel being picked by Cleveland in the upcoming draft, Browns linebacker Quentin Groves made a small sign of the cross. A prayer that hes coming? A plea that he stays away? Groves intentions with his gesture werent clear. Like just about everything around Johnny Football, theres no definite answer. The most polarizing player to enter the NFL in a while, Manziel, is being closely linked to the Browns, who own the No. 4 overall pick in next weeks draft and have been seeking a franchise quarterback for more than a decade. Clevelands inability to land a QB either in the draft or via free agency or blind luck may be the single biggest reason the Browns have only made the playoffs once since 1999 and seem to change coaches every year. There are those who believe Manziel can save the Browns. Others feel the Texas A&M quarterbacks dazzling skills -- and size -- wont translate to the pro game. Hes dynamic. Hes too small. Hes a game-changer. Hes self-absorbed. Hes a hard worker. Hes a head case. Hes charismatic. Everyone has an opinion on Manziel, the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner who has been projected as being picked anywhere from the top 5 to the bottom of the first round. "If Johnny Manziel came through, if he beats out the other quarterbacks that are here, its all good," Browns Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden said. "I like Johnny Manziel. I like him a whole lot." Hadens not alone. Sports radio talk shows here are crammed with callers screaming for the Browns to choose Manziel, one of several QBs in this years class expected to go in the early rounds. Cleveland hasnt used a pick higher than No. 22 on a quarterback since taking Tim Couch first overall 15 years ago. The Browns have done their homework on Manziel. The team recently worked him out privately in College Station, Texas, and brought him to Cleveland to visit their training facility and headquarters. As they consider taking him, Browns general manager Ray Farmer and owner Jimmy Haslam wanted to get to better know Manziel, who served a suspension last season for violating an NCAA rule involving signing autographs, as a person. Theyve seen him on film. Nothing beats the real thing. "I dont think I have any reservations with who Johnny is," Farmer said. "Hes a good young man. I think the interesting part about Johnny is that, much like a lot of us, you dont get a handbook for how to operate in certain instances.dddddddddddd "When you go from being a kid from Tyler, Texas, to being Johnny Football and winning the Heisman Trophy really quickly, they dont hand you a manual and tell you how to handle the media swarm, how to handle the paparazzi, how to handle people coming up to you at dinners. "He would tell you very candidly that its probably not how he would have written it up now that hes at the end of it or getting towards the end of his college career, but you live and you learn." Manziel would certainly put Cleveland back on the football map and revitalize a flagging franchise. Hed sell tickets and move merchandise. But is that enough? Groves called one of his college coaches now at Texas A&M for a scouting report. "I asked him, How is Johnny? Is he a football guy?" Groves said. "He said, Honestly, hes the most competitive guy youll ever meet. He is a guy that will come in, be the first in, last to leave. thats just him. I know you have the flashy lifestyle (Groves mimics Manziels signature finger rub), (rapper) Drake and all that stuff, and at the end of the day the guy wins ballgames. "He makes plays. He extends drives and wins ballgames." Browns offensive co-ordinator Kyle Shanahan, who coached quarterback Robert Griffin III in Washington, thinks Manziels unorthodox style can win in the pros. "If you can make those plays in college, you can do it in the NFL," he said. "The one thing about the NFL, theres a lot of tape out there. Youve got to be able to do everything. "Whatever you do very good, theyre going to eventually be able to shut that down and youre going to have to do something else. Hes going to be able to make plays in this league. Eventually when they try to contain him, hes going to have to do everything he didnt always have to do in college." The Browns must also consider all that comes along with Manziel. Number 2 brings a three-ring circus. Groves, for one, believes the Browns are suited to add Manziel. "Were a mature enough team to handle it," he said. "Weve had some individual success here and people have handled it well. Josh Gordon and (Alex) Mack going to the Pro Bowl, Joe Thomas going to the Pro Bowl. Joe Haden and Jordan Cameron making their first Pro Bowls, things like that. I think we can handle it." ' ' '
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: 09 Ott 2019 05:54:41    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> Forum di prova Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: